The art of communication
At your work you communicate daily with a diversity of people; colleagues, customers, project members, managers and many more. To gather information, to make your point, to influence, to cooperate. Most of the time you do so easily, sometimes it’s challenging…
The way you communicate (or don’t) is driven by your skills and mindset. This has great influence on your work experience and the customers satisfaction. You are the ‘business card’ of yourself and the company, so let’s work on ‘the art of communication’!
Do you recognize the following statements?
- Sometimes my point is not coming across in a conversation or a meeting.
- I not always as effective in my communication as I would like to be.
- When I’m convinced of my point, I find it hard to listen to other perspectives and possibilities.
- When I listen to somebody, I tend to think at the same time. And the moment I think, I seem to stop really listening.
- For me it’s hard to give constructive feedback and receive feedback to or from colleagues: either I skip it, I’m too harsh / aggressive or too defensive.
- I would like to know more about (and how to reflect on) my way of professional communication.
And? Did you recognize yourself in (some of) the statements? Then this training addresses just what you need to become a more effective and convincing communicator!
Learning objectives, after the training you will
- be able to communicate with all different levels at work in a more effective and relaxed way.
- be able to make use of your personal way of communication: strengths, pitfalls and development points.
- be able to really listen to the other; to solve an issue and at the same time: to maintain the relationship.
- be able to give (and receive) honest feedback without hurting the relationship.
Evening 1: March 12th, 2019
- What are the basics of Communication? Let’s see and explore what aspects are always there.
- The way I communicate; how can I make it work more effectively but also more easily?
- How active listening can really help to solve the issue and improve the relation at the same time.
- Communication in a one-to-one situation differs from communication in meetings. How come?
Evening 2: March 26th, 2019
- Feedback giving and receiving; is that difficult? No it isn’t! As long as you do it right!
- Let’s look at what you think about the way you communicate and how you actually come across to others.
Evening 3: April 9th, 2019
You will be working with your own challenging practical cases, which are currently relevant for you. You will experience a change from patterns and pitfalls to growing self-awareness and more effective strategies. We will use stand-up coaching with respect to communication skills.
Rutger and Roel will make sure that the evenings have sufficient room for theory, practice and questions, in a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
650 Bright Coins including 3 x dinner.
|Date||March 12, 2019|
|Time||17:00 - 21:00|
|Seats||9 from 12 available|
|Venue||Bright institute, High Tech Campus 69 Eindhoven|
Want to join this training, but not a member? Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org