Situational Leadership (Online)
Is all about being flexible and adaptive
In a role where you are guiding colleagues or even leading a complete team, we often think that we get the best results by applying a consistent style of leadership. However, it is exactly this consistent (or even possibly rigid) style, which may lead to a mismatch between you as leader and the person you are leading. A new unexperienced person, may think that you are throwing your issues “over the wall” if you do not adapt to the situation. Or an experienced colleague may complain that he feels “treated like a child” if you apply always the same style.
In this training, we will explore how to address your leadership in the right way, depending on the task and the person you are guiding. By applying the most suitable leadership style for a particular situation, you can reach your goals and improve your relationship at the same time.
Do you recognize the following statements?
- I have to coordinate several people, but I find it hard to do because everyone seems so different.
- It is a challenge for me to motivate colleagues and team members to deliver the desired results.
- When I am guiding colleagues, I always steer other people in a way that works best for me.
- I’m in a ‘leading role’ because I’m the ‘best in class’. But what people do not know, is that I am actually not sure how to apply leadership in the best way.
And? Did you recognize yourself in (some of) the statements? Welcome to this training!
The goal is to develop your knowledge, attitude and skills in situational leadership. This increases your ability to benefit the most of your team/project members, creating commitment and results.
After the training you will:
- understand how you can create commitment of your team member for the result you want.
- understand how you can make sure that you know what the team member actually needs from you as leader, in order to deliver the appropriate result.
- be able to apply the appropriate leadership-style towards your different colleagues.
- be able to motivate the people you are leading, by stimulating their development in their work.
Evening 1 January 26th 2021
We will start the first evening by exploring the role of leadership; what are you actually doing and what is required in this role? And while we are at it; let’s take a look how to make your leadership (role) even more effective. The outcome of a test about leadership-styles make things visible: your preferred style, your flexibility and the effectiveness of that.
Evening 2 February 9th 2021
Let’s dig deeper into looking at the different leadership styles, from theory to practice. And then it is time for ‘Making the match’ between your style as leader and the needs of the person you’re leading.
Evening 3 February 23rd 2021
Time to finetune your own style in several practical cases: time to practice, play and learn from each other!
Roel Bonten and Rutger Beekelaar will make sure that the evenings have sufficient room for theory, practice and questions, in a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
1050 Bright Coins including dinner and drinks
|Date||January 26, 2021|
|Time||18:30 - 21:00|
|Seats||0 from 11 available|
|Phone||+31 040 230 4117|