Working life after a finishing your PhD, means adapting from the Academia to the Corporate life. You will experience that people in organizations differ in the way they cooperate and react on situations. That is sometimes confusing and often challenges the way you think about the situation or the way you react to it. Additionally, it may require decisions. But what is important to me and what is less important? This training will help you understand how you currently think and behave in difficult situations and how you can think, act and decide differently, giving more piece of mind.
Do you recognize the following statements?
- I’m not always aware why I behave or react the way I do.
- I tend to react too much to my environment and I would like to be in the lead myself.
- Although I know that I am OK, I tend to worry too much, or I sometimes suffer from negative thoughts.
- I would like to be more assertive in particular situations: I say “yes” too easily and later I feel bad about it.
And? Did you recognize yourself in (some of) the statements? Then this training addresses just what you need to become more personally effective!
After the training you will:
- be able to understand why you behave the way you do, and you will be able to accept that more.
- be able to change the way you sometimes do something (because you thought that that’s the way it works) and experience that the change even leads to a better result! be able to say “yes” or “no” at the moment a limit for you is reached.
- be able to deal with your personal self-defence mechanisms; instead of it “happening to you”, you are in control. be able to understand that saying that you do not know or don’t want something is showing strength instead of perceiving it as a weakness.
Evening 1: Jan 16th 2019
What I do is visible to others, but where is my behaviour resulting from? Let’s look at the power of your unconscious level which leads to your visible behaviour.
The way you believe that things work, have enormous consequences on your behaviour. But is it completely true what you believe? Others may look at it differently….
Let’s try these new insights out in a case which you bring in from your working environment.
Evening 2: Jan 23rd 2019
Giving and receiving feedback: if the right steps are taken, you can make your point crystal clear without damaging the relationship. Assertiveness and pro-activeness, I hear a lot about it. Is that about having a big mouth or being arrogant? No; it isn’t. You can deal with such things without being pushy or big mouthed. Of course, there is plenty of opportunity to try out how this really works for you, without having the feeling that you are acting unnaturally.
Evening 3: Jan 30th 2019
You as participants will bring in topics which are currently relevant for you.
The topics will strongly depend on your needs as participants. Basically we will be increasing your self-knowledge or self-awareness.
We will use stand-up coaching with respect to personal leadership.
Roel and Rutger will make sure that the evenings have sufficient room for theory, practice and questions, in a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
650 Bright Coins including 3 x dinner.
|Date||January 16, 2019|
|Time||17:00 - 21:00|
|Seats||1 from 12 available|
|Venue||Bright institute, High Tech Campus 69 Eindhoven|
Want to join this training, but not a member? Mail to: email@example.com