Leadership in Turbulent Environments
Crew resource management (CRM) is a set of training procedures originally developed in aviation. CRM focuses on interpersonal communication, leadership, and decision making in the cockpit. In this course, we show how the CRM principles can be relevant to your leadership as well. After the first two modules, you will be briefed by an airline pilot to fly a professional Boeing 737 full-motion flight-simulator. The simulator provides a fail-safe pressure-cooker environment where you will immediately experience the consequences of your decisions and the way you apply your newfound CRM knowledge.
Everyone that wishes to enhance their personal leadership effectiveness. Given the capacity of the flight simulator, this course has a maximum of 8 participants.
· Awareness why Crew Resource Management is applicable and relevant to you
· Understanding the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication
· Understanding on how the brain reacts and copes with stress
· Understanding the importance of prioritization in a crisis (Aviate - Navigate - Communicate)
· Understanding and demonstrating the use of a model for effective decision making
· Demonstrating how your questions improve team effectiveness
· Understanding the impact of multi-tasking on performance
· Understanding how you are influenced by your own frame of reference
Module 1, Thursday, 5th September 2019 17:00 21:00
Ready for Departure
· Introduction to Crew Resource Management
· Effective communication
Module 2 Thursday, 12th September, 2019 17:00-21:00
Into the Thunderstorm
· Situational Awareness
· Startle Effect & Resilience
· Decision Making
Day 3 Saturday, 21st September (full day at Lelystad Airport)
Cleared for Take-off
· Visit Aviodrome
· Briefing on your flight and exercises
· Flight in a Boeing 737 full-motion flight simulator
Jacques Dunselman has been managing projects and programs for over 20 years. He’s a passionate private pilot and provides a unique view on management by combining his aviation insights with management principles.
Jurgen Bluemink is a project manager since 1998. In different roles as manager of project management departments. He has gained experience in setting up competence improvement programs for project managers.
1150 Bright Coins including drinks and food
|Date||September 5, 2019|
|Time||17:00 - 21:00|
|Seats||0 from 8 available|
|Phone||+31 040 230 4117|
|Venue||Bright institute, High Tech Campus 69, 5656 AG Eindhoven, The Netherlands|