Project based work dynamics
Often activities or tasks in University are called projects. But they are completely different from (large) projects in companies. How do projects really work? What do all the terms they use in projects, actually mean? You will learn all about the dynamic world of working in projects. You benefit the most from this training in the first year as a Brightie.
Do you recognize the following statements?
- I’m relatively new (< 1 year) in working in projects, at least in a corporate setting.
- I sometimes feel overwhelmed by my project environment and all the different terms and procedures.
- I do not understand why sometimes the project leader decides and sometimes another person. What are all those roles in a project? And what is my role?
- I sometimes have to help out in setting up a project. But I have no clue how to do that…
- And? Did you recognize yourself in (some of) the statements? Then this training addresses just what you need to feel more ‘at ease’ in a challenging project environment!
- You will be able to speak the language of relevant terms used in projects.
- You will be able to understand why every project (small or large) goes through the same sequence of different phases.
- You will be able to understand the different roles inside a project team.
- When being asked to do a project, you will be able to take the right steps to set-up, run and close a project.
- You will be able to be chairman of a meeting, steering on content, interaction between participants and on the procedure for the meeting.
- You will be able to steer the decision-making process when making important decisions
- You will have learned the essentials of the Prince II project methodology.
Evening 1: Thursday October 3rd, 2019
• An inventory of personal goals of each of the participants: these topics will get special attention during the course of the training.
• Project definitions; what do all these terms in a project mean?
• Starting a project: how do you set-up a project? What steps should you take?
• In meetings a lot of things happen at the same time: content, discussions. How does this work?
Evening 1: Thursday October 10th, 2019
• Project execution: once a project is running; how to control a project and how to close it at the end; what are the steps to take?
• How can I take the right steps to come to a decision which is very important to me or my team?
• How should I deal with the overwhelming number of urgent tasks in my projects?
Evening 3: Thursday October 24th, 2019
Application and transfer of lessons learned to own projects: You will be working with your own challenging practical cases, which are currently relevant for you.
Roel and Rutger will make sure that the evenings have sufficient room for theory, practice and questions, in a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
650 Bright Coins including 3 x dinner
|Date||October 3, 2019|
|Time||17:00 - 21:00|
|Seats||12 from 12 available|
|Venue||Bright institute, High Tech Campus 69 Eindhoven|
Want to join this training, but not a member? Mail to: email@example.com