Bright horizons retreat
You are all Bright young people. You have worked hard and proven your capabilities and got rewarded a Ph.D., a distinguished title to keep. You all have jobs that challenge you at the right level with a good salary. Overall, you are in a very privileged position! Now think one step further. Have you reached what you want? Are you there where you want to be till retirement? …Probably not!
You are rather likely to be ambitious and still developing your career. Here at Bright Society we want to encourage our members - you - to shape your career, not only to find satisfaction, but also to reach job fulfillment. For that reason we present you with a 2-day retreat: 2 days of dedicated time to reflect on what really matters to you.
We provide structure and background science to chart your capabilities and motivation drive. What should your work give you to make it fulfilling? Interactive working sessions, Interventions and some unexpected approaches will provide you answers and insights in how to put the outcome into practice: What are the first concrete steps to take in order to identify positions that matches your profile. This all will take place at an inspiring place surrounded by beautiful nature (outdoor inspiration session!) and good food: Making this program not only insightful but also a true unique experience!
Professionals with Ph.D. who would like to learn how to map their road as a science professional based on their capabilities and motivational drive.
2-day retreat, day 1: Saturday, 16th March 2019, 9:00 – 17:30 hours
- Your Ph.D. Power… about transferable skills and your capabilities.
- Unraveling the options: your professional future: widening the view.
- Charting your profile: About your preferences, motivation and needs towards a sustainable career.
- Followed by dinner & social program.
2-day retreat, day 2: Sunday, 17th March 2019, 9:00 – 17:30 hours
- Mapping out your career goals.
- Mapping out your road: integrating your findings.
- Navigating your road: identify and land a suitable job.
- What if… Looking ahead: concrete steps towards your goals.
Evening session: Tuesday, 25th June 2019, 17:00 – 21:00 hours
- Follow-up session 3 months after the Bright horizons retreat.
- Including dinner (17-18 hrs).
- Gathering experiences during the intervening period.
- Intervision sessions in small groups to address issues that have arisen.
Chiat Cheong, Ph.D. loves to make people aware of their capabilities. Her favourite target group: PhD graduates! Talented, creative and often also playful people. PhDs are trained to use observations, logic and reason to forward their work. There is no doubt they excel in these abilities. PhDs possess valuable skill sets - which level is certainly above average -. This PhD power allows them to make a difference in many professional settings!
Ralph Rousseau, Ph.D. obtained his Master of Education cum laue. He actually worked as a physics teacher before accepting a position as an assistant professor at Utrecht University, where he is currently researching intrinsic motivation, of students, learners, and people in general. Ralph is a macrobiotic cook, an accomplished t’ai chi practitioner, he has been mediating daily for 35 years, and is fascinated by history, astrophysics, and aviation. He obtained his private pilot’s licence (PPL) in 2009. Ralph’s unorthodox combination of activities and the lessons learned in the different fields, combined with his professional insights in motivational theory, have made him a popular public speaker in the field of inner driving forces and intrinsic motivation.
- 2 day session, including accommodation and food (Akoesticum, Ede).
- 1 evening follow-up session, 3 months after the Bright horizons retreat (Bright institute HTC 69, Eindhoven)
1250 Bright Coins.
|Date||March 16, 2019|
|Time||09:00 - 20:30|
|Seats||1 from 15 available|
|Venue||Akoesticum, Nieuwe Kazernelaan 2 - D 42, 6711 JC Ede, The Netherlands|
Want to join this training, but not a member? Mail to: email@example.com